A wonderful exclusive tour for ‘Bird Watchers’ on this 3 hour Bird Watching Tour in Aswan with Mr Mohamed Arabi known as the Birdman of Aswan. Take a scenic ride in a felucca around the Cataract Islands to see up to many species of local birds and pretty flora and fauna in a most delightful environment.
Suggested times :
- The bird tour can start at 8 am morning or 3 pm afternoon extended for two hours.
Tour Pathway :
- We start our boat trip from the Corniche in Aswan (near Ferial Garden) and sailing around The Nature Reserve of The First Cataract Islands. In our tour there will be opportunity to sail near small rocky islands at Elephantine Isl, Botanical Garden and Barbar Island.
Expected species :
- e.g. African Swamphen, Pied Kingfisher, Little Egret and many other heron- and egret species. Also Egyptian Goose and Ferruginous Duck and other ducks species. The tour includes the use of binoculars, brochures, drinks (water and juice) and of course an expert nature guide, especially for birds.
- Pick up with your expert Bird Guide from your departure point and transferred on to a traditional felucca sailboat at the dockside in Aswan.
- You will set sail across the Nile from the East Bank to the West Bank of the Nile towards Lord Kitchener’s Island. From here, your Guide will start pointing out the locations of where you will see the birdlife ranging from Egrets both adult and chicks, to Parakeets amongst the trees.
- Whilst passing along the Island, there is beautiful flora and fauna such as Hibiscus, lantana, bougainvillea, poinciana, acacia trees and mimosa all blooming in radiant colours.
- Sailing up river towards the Mausoleum of the Aga Khan, you may be astounded at the sight of many more bird species wading in the waters of the Cataract Islands such as Kingfishers, Malachite Kingfishers, Striated Herons, Little Bitten Herons, Night Herons, along with Little Green Bee Eaters, and Nile Valley Sunbirds. A truly delightful tour for nature lovers. at the end you will Return to the dock in Aswan and transferred to your original pick up point.
- Pick up service from your hotel in Aswan and return
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- All transfers by a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottle water during your trip
- All service charges and taxes
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- Optional activities
Children Policy :
- 0 - 05.99 Free of Charge
- 6 - 11.99 pay 50% of tour price
- 12+ pay full tour price as per adult person